Visitor
John M.
Accepted Solution

Looking for Cut List and Panel Optimization Software

I am a relatively new woodworker, and I am looking for a relatively cheap (free preferred) software that will help me make a cut list and will show me how to cut it out of a sheet of plywood.  I looked at one program, Cut List, but it did not allow me to enter 1.) material thickness, 2.) material type, and 3.) make notes about individual pieces or material lists.  Has anybody found software that is user-friendly and meets the above criteria?  Any and all responses greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Veteran Advisor
georgenoeth1

Re: Looking for Cut List and Panel Optimization Software

John,

Welcome to the wood forums.  I believe cut list plus is the most popular panel optimization software for the average woodworker. I have seen a few others out there but haven't tried them.  I use the cutlist plugin for sketchup.

All the high dollar cabinet making programs (cabinet vision and such) contain their own cut list module, but they are for cabinet shops and cost thousands.

Perhaps someone else can give you some direction.

George Noeth (Gadget Guy)
Wood Online forum Host
Visitor
John M.

Re: Looking for Cut List and Panel Optimization Software

Thanks George

I found Cutlist Plus today and can see why it is the most popular.  I think I will try it. 

John

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.