Veteran Contributor
jsbduncum

Cabinet software

What software is out there for cabinetry that can create a cut list and maybe a 3d view of the kitchen layout. It needs to be REAL easy to use and cheap(lol).........thanks! JD
Veteran Advisor
georgenoeth1

Re: Cabinet software

JD

Just do a google search on cabinet software, you will get lots of hits.  There quite a few with free trial downloads.  just a word to the wise, there is no free lunch out there.  They all require either an investment of time, dollars or both.

Google Sketchup seems to be the favorite among users of this forum.  While it is not specifically cabinet software it is capable of 3d views, producing cut lists, and it is free.

George Noeth (Gadget Guy)
Wood Online forum Host
Advisor
Jay In Atlanta

[ Edited ]

I agree with George, Sketchup is an excellent value.  It delivers woodworking functionality and is as easy, or easier, to learn as other design software.

TV Console2.jpg

Door.jpg

Veteran Contributor
jsbduncum

George, I did do a search and therein lies the problem......way to many to choose from. I have sketchup downloaded and tried playing with it for a little while, but it sure seems super time consuming to figure out (I hate computers)...I didn't know it did cut lists. Do I have to input every board and every dimension,etc for the cut list to be created? I guess my point is, if I have to draw out every detail I might as well do it on paper........JD
Veteran Advisor
brianalt

[ Edited ]

When I designed my kitchen cabinets a few years ago I used easycab 3D http://www.easycab.com/. It was very easy to use, and since I was just doing it for a single job, i was able to design all my cabinets before the programs 15 day tryout period expired. I was going to download their software and check it out again, but my antivirus program is tagging their .exe file as malware. I sent them an email about it. They have been around for a number of years, so I think it's just a piece of code in the .exe file that my antivirus software doesn't like. Will see what they say. 

Compared to other cabinet software programs out there that charge, I think it's reasonably priced.

Contributor
cabsbydave

This is what I have been using for the past 5 years. They have a free trial. Not affiliated with them, but like there product.http://cabinetplanner.com/index.html

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.