Advisor
Tarner

Re: Brag, Tips, tricks,ect......

Here we go again LOML has me working for her now.

Untitled-1.jpg

Veteran Advisor
Danl

The best tip I can give you is to buy the this Book.

I promised the LOML that I would try to finish the laundry room cabinets before the end of the year.

Danl

laundry rm cabinet final-2 combine-1.jpglaundry rm cabinet final-3.jpg

Esteemed Advisor
john880

Hi all, two points to make if you will,

I have reached the point of my nose pushed up tight to a wall. After several attempts,,, I have concluded if the desire is still there after a bit, I will need some intense one on one or a visual dvd tutorial. I have a reasonable recall, but getting over certain hurtles in this noggin of mine has been a reaccurances in my past..

Second & to Taner on the working side of your router fence & mostly just my opinion,,,,,,:smileyhappy:

You might consider,,,,raising the metal insert slightly and protruding the lower two sections, the width of each of their thickness from their common base. Miter their two inside corners 45 degree away from the bit side out. Make them 3/4" thick with a slots cut slightly in the 4 mounting bolts,, to be able to move the bases side to side.

Reasoning with this arraignment you will be able to make a zero clearance insert, sliding down from the top to stop securely at the table's surface. Wedged in place by the sides movement & tighten against. These easy to make inserts, (make several with a/the same register center line on all), cut down on your working wood's tear-out a whole lot.  AND also, on some of the bits you might be using in the future,  require a set height to match a companion cut,,, or down the road to make a copy of a older made molding/trim/cove. Once these height's of these bits have been zeroed in, you can make a one time pass threw with the bit. With this a new zero clearance insert, remove & write its purpose . Set it aside for future re-insertions, then later when needed. Re-insert, center it, raising the/that same bit to brining it back to the exact zero cut.  

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.