Veteran Contributor
fchap

Re: Back to basics 3

I am not careful enough to be sure all needed dimensions and other info are taken care of.  Therefore I take my old laptop to the shop.  (My shop is 150 feet from the house.)  This saves a lot of walking back and forth.

Your method of rotating the parts is better than my exploded views where I just pull everything apart far enough for viewing and dimensioning.  I tend to get lots of overlapping items and the computer access becomes necessary.

Yeah, I have to protect it from dust etc.  but not a problem so far.

Thanks for your presentation.

Merry Christmas

Fred

Veteran Advisor
georgenoeth1

Fred,

I used to take my laptop to the shop.  I don't think I had a problem with dust, but one day I was moving a full sheet of MDF and knocked it off the bench.  About two weeks later the screen went out.  I was able to use a different monitor and get my files off it.  It was too expensive to repair so I bought a new desktop and quit using the laptop.

So be careful.

By the way I didn't have any problems with the components on this project.  I thought they were pretty straight forward.  After exploding the initial component everything was pretty tidy.  All parts were named and it went well. 

George Noeth (Gadget Guy)
Wood Online forum Host
Esteemed Advisor
john880

[ Edited ]

Hello again George,

When ever I see a new post over here I come over to see what's going on. In that light & in JUST my case,,,,, you quoted over there on the previous page,,,,

"The people who produce these drawings are just like us.  They all do it their own way.  Sometimes you will get a very sophisticated drawing with every detail down to the screws bolts and hardware.  Some have many layers and everything is a component.  Others are really simple and basic."

This is a the reason in a nut shell that I became so infuriated with my learning process. That there were so many avenues into going from the vision into the reality of that drawing process that it just lo longer became rewarding. Not necessary in their retrievable storage files, but also in the what ever step I was trying to ascend to next. To again get over this next wall. I shut  it down !!! Trust me, this is not my ranting here, I just came to the conclusion unless I was to go ahead and purchase one (or more) of these DVD's one on one of these pictorials, Some thing to refer over to at that time of learning, it just was not going to go any futher.

Any ways George, really meant it here !!!! Thank you for taking your time & to actually be the one to kick start, & then be the one to prompt me to go futher into the process of reaching how ever far along I went.   

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Veteran Advisor
georgenoeth1

John that sounds like an excuse to me.  I'm sure you saw the same thing back in the pencil and paper days or when you were using auto-cad.  Some folks are more organized in their thinking others are not, I'm sure you could see it just looking at one of their drawings.

Hope you change your mind, hate to lose you.

George Noeth (Gadget Guy)
Wood Online forum Host

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.