Veteran Contributor
smbwood58

spalted pecan box

heres a box i made yesterday. it's 4x3 1/2 with a 2 3/4" finial. the finial and base are made of some ebony pen blanks i bought just for this kind of stuff. not the best pics but there they are anyway. as always all comments welcome good or bad as that's the only way i'll i can get better.

Steve028 [800x600].JPG030 [800x600].JPG

Honored Advisor
RussBoyd

Re: spalted pecan box

Beautiful Steve. Much better than I could do. The day is coming when I start trying bowls and such. I'm still stuck on pens for now. Great piece and nice work.

"If you can't hide it...advertise it!"
Frequent Contributor
turn_a_round

Steve,

I think you did a wonderful job.  Part of me thinks the base is a little small but I think it gives it good lift and a sense of lightness.  Very nice use of the wood.  Did you have problems with tear-out?

Veteran Contributor
smbwood58

thanks Russ. I don't know about you not being able to make these as if i can you can. All it takes is keep messing up till you get it right like i do.:smileysurprised:

Veteran Contributor
smbwood58

Thanks. didn't have many problems with tear out as if it is to soft i'll just spray some laquar on it let it dry and finish turning.I know a lot of people use ca but i've had good luck with this so till it lets me down will keep going this rount.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.