Frequent Contributor
z_fbs

new bowl

new bowl that i finished lately.made of scrap wood that i found while cleaning and organizing the shop.

It is 9.5 inch square and 2 inch thick

rsz_p1011744.jpgrsz_p1011745.jpg

Honored Advisor
johnclucas

Re: new bowl

Wow, and you found it all glued together like that, fantastic.  It doesn't do that in my shop. It just lays all over the place.     good job.

Senior Contributor
charliew

Very nice. A most unusual bowl. Good use of something that was evidently planned for another use. 

Veteran Contributor
ric47

Nice idea, look great.

Senior Advisor
Woodburner

zvika that truly a unique piece.  Where some of you folks come up with some of these ideas amazes me.

I like that a lot.

Leo in AZ.

LEO
Forums Host
Senior Contributor
LOman

That is way cool!:smileysurprised:

Ron

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."
Frequent Contributor
z_fbs

john,

I wish that this will be the situation,to wake up in the morning and find that during the night someone(midgets perhaps)glued all the pieces together :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Honored Advisor
johnclucas

I have a piece I started about 5 years ago before I moved.  It got stuck on the shelf where it still sits.  Now that getting back into segmented turning I will probably finish is before long.  What got me thinking about it is your piece.  It is made of lots of different species and is going to require a lot of glue up of individual parts.  Much more difficult I think than gluing up rings.    

I do like what you did and may glue up one for a club demo.  I know one member of our club who will jump on it immediately.

Veteran Advisor
Bill Boehme

Clever different approach to stack the segments of a bowl.  I like the "puzzle piece" look.

Esteemed Advisor
john880

Agree with all of the above,,,SHARP LOOK"N !!!!

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.