Veteran Advisor
joebtool

Morse taper adapters

I am looking at an old Atlas wood lathe which takes #2 mt accessories. I have alot of #1 taper stuff from my old Craftsman. Do the mt adapters work ok or should I just buy everything new.

Joe B.

"Better to wear it out than to let it rust."
Honored Advisor
handy-dan

Re: Morse taper adapters

Personal preference I would buy new at least for what you use most often.  Get an adapter for seldom used items.

Dan

Dan
Youngstown, Oh
Honored Advisor
stick48668

handy-dan wrote:

Personal preference I would buy new at least for what you use most often.  Get an adapter for seldom used items.

Dan

same here...

this would have been the week that I'd have finished chewing thru the restraints...
if only new layers hadn't been added....

Stick....
Honored Advisor
johnclucas

I would agree with the others.  buy an adaptor, they are cheap.  That will let you see what you think but I'll bet in the long run you'll end up buying #2 morse tapered accessories.

Veteran Advisor
joebtool

Wow! Three for three on the answer. I know now what I have to do. I have another question but I will post it seperatly.

Thanks guys.

Joe B.

Esteemed Advisor
Larry-Jenkins

Nothing wrong with well-made adaptors.  I have one for my new Rikon so I can use some of the tail stock stuff from my Crafstman (Atlas) metal lathe.

Larry.. East Central Iowa

Good enough.. Isn't.
Veteran Advisor
joebtool

Larry-Jenkins wrote:

Nothing wrong with well-made adaptors.  I have one for my new Rikon so I can use some of the tail stock stuff from my Crafstman (Atlas) metal lathe.

Thanks for your input Larry. I did buy two adapters for tailstock items and they seem to work well.

Joe B.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.