Veteran Contributor
davidtonetti2000

reliant dust collector

I have been looking on the craigs list and have seen several reliant dust collectors for sale just woundering if they are worth looking into or is that brand one to stay away from, just woundering how they perform or hold up?

Frequent Contributor
Smitty/

Re: reliant dust collector

I've owned a 2HP 220V Reliant single stage dust collector since the mid 80's and it had been a very reliable unit. I modified mine with 6" piping and through a 55 Gallon plastic barrel chip collector designed similar to David Thien's Separator which is great when collecting planer shavings.

The collector bags, if still original, should be replaced with upgraded bags to collect the finer dust.

Although Reliant Machine Company is long defunct and no replacement parts are available, their mid priced equipment lines were very dependable for their price range. I often see these dust collectors in similar ads in the $100 range. Even though I've had excellent results with my unit for many years, there are more efficient machines being offered on the market today if your willing to spend the extra money.

3986iD91591518F992619

Apprentice Visitor
hk61

I have a Reliant Mod 820, which I like veery much, however I can not find

a replacement bag can you help, thank you.

Howard at

hk61@cumbytel.com

Frequent Contributor
Smitty/

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.