Senior Contributor
coltons4

miter saw suggestions

look i know i have alot of quetions but anyone have a suggestion i am thinking a 7 inch compound miter saw from craftsman or a 10 inch harbor frieht compound or sliding miter saw

lifes short
do woodworking
Veteran Contributor
TheDude50

Re: miter saw suggestions

Delta makes a nice cheep miter saw 99 dollars and it works well  also I need your address so I can ship you the router if you don't get me the address I am going  to find another beginner to give it to I am getting impatient with you young man

The stupidity of your actions is directly proportional to the probability of someone watching you.

proud member since 1995
Honored Advisor
ynoT

Sometimes size doesn't matter, but in this case you'd be better off to go with 10" blade.

Tony

"Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you."
Honored Advisor
RussBoyd

I agree with the Delta for the money. Craftsman before The harbor freight. Harbor freight only as a last resort. There are many better than all three of those, but for the money, The Delta is the best bet. I've had one that just won't die. I keep it for metal cutting which is pretty hard on a saw, but it keeps on going no matter what I throw at it.

"If you can't hide it...advertise it!"
Senior Contributor
coltons4

check your PM

lifes short
do woodworking
Senior Contributor
coltons4

i think i mightget a 10 inch hitachi or harbor frieht the hitachi is on sale for 99 dollars or a cheap one

lifes short
do woodworking
Honored Advisor
mathisonr1

coltons4 wrote:

i think i mightget a 10 inch hitachi or harbor frieht the hitachi is on sale for 99 dollars or a cheap one

Keep in mind Colton, that almost anything else that you buy is going to be better than Harbor Freight.

Rick Mathison
General Forums Host
"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."
Senior Contributor
coltons4

thanks bought a gmc sliding compound miter saw

lifes short
do woodworking
Veteran Advisor
Gary K.

Wow, you make quick decisions, huh?:smileyhappy:

Keedy

" Anyone who isn't confused here, doesn't really know what's going on."

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure. People tell me I'm argumentative, but I beg to differ. All I know is it's bad luck to be superstitious.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.