Frequent Reader
arroem

Wood planer

I was just given an IMS 15" wood planer, model # wp15.  Can anyone tell me anything about it? I tried searching online for it but didn't have any luck.

Honored Advisor
Warped and Twisted

Re: Wood planer

Do you know what IMS stands for?

Alaskans for Global Warming

Find more about Weather in Eagle River, AK
Click for weather forecast

"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot.. it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better"
Esteemed Advisor
fredhargis

A picture might be useful as well.....

"I long for the days when Coke was a cola, and a joint was a bad place to be" Merle Haggard
Apprentice Visitor
dalesovalframes

I also have an ims 15" planer with a bad gear in the gear box if you find any info on the company please let me know.

Veteran Contributor
TheDude50

ims is a Taiwan based company that used to make powertools like central machinery quality but also made large industrial tools I believe they are out of business but the gear should be available through any machine supplier

The stupidity of your actions is directly proportional to the probability of someone watching you.

proud member since 1995
Apprentice Contributor
bob92432822

IMS WP15 appears to be the same machine as a Powermatic 1791213. 

I also have an IMS WP15 and have been doing some research because I need an outfeed roller.  My original roller has raised ridges running from end to end for better grip on the wood, but it leaves marks on the finished wood.  So, several years ago, I obtained a rubber coated outfeed roller from IMS.  Unfortunately, the rubber did not hold up, so I'm now looking for a replacement.  I have discovered that the Powermatic model 1791213 appears to be identical to the IMS WP15.  The stand is different, but the planer itself seems the same, even when looking at the exploded parts diagrams.  Does anyone know whether the outfeed roller of the Powermatic will fit in my IMS?  I have contacted IMS, and they don't have dimensions of the roller.  So, I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me.

Bob

Apprentice Contributor
bob92432822

Correction:  My Powermatic model reference may have been wrong.  I believe it is a Powermatic Model 15 that is the same as the IMS WP15.  Powermatic's part number for the outfeed roller is #6284774.

Honored Advisor
Warped and Twisted

Have I got this right? This tread is 4 years old.

Alaskans for Global Warming

Find more about Weather in Eagle River, AK
Click for weather forecast

"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot.. it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better"
Veteran Advisor
Ted_in_Michigan

You're right!
Ted in Michigan
Go Buckeyes!
http://www.tedsworkshop.com
Veteran Advisor
messy35339

wat is wrong with digging up old threads? New people may find the information very helpful to their needs. I know I did.

Taking slobbery to new dimensions!
Messy...

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.