Apprentice Contributor
xs6717
Accepted Solution

Who makes Dayton Table saw

Who makes the Dayton brand table saws for Grainger?

xs6717
Honored Advisor
stick48668

Re: Who makes Dayton Table saw

[ Edited ]

4TJ89...

China...

and a buddy over there says most all parts available but Grangers has discontinued selling the Dayton 4TJ89 TS so it's only a mater of time before they aren't...

2LKP4...

Unisaw clone, Tiawan and still being sold...

4KXD1...

Delta clone, Cina and still available...

couldn't find which factory spefic any of the saws come out of....

this would have been the week that I'd have finished chewing thru the restraints...
if only new layers hadn't been added....

Stick....
Apprentice Contributor
xs6717

Thank you.

xs6717
Honored Advisor
stick48668

yur welcome Doug.....

and if you haven't hear this yet...

welcome to the forums...

this would have been the week that I'd have finished chewing thru the restraints...
if only new layers hadn't been added....

Stick....
Senior Advisor
knotscott

[ Edited ]

I don't know much about Dayton, but I think they're a manufacturing company as well as a brand.  It's my understanding that they make the Ridgid R4512 and the nearly identical Craftsman 21833, both of which have uncanny resemblance to the Dayton 4KXD1.  To help things being a little more confusing, Sears uses a holding company called Colovos to import the 21833 from Dayton.

Years ago Craftsman had a 3hp cabinet saw that appeared to be made by Dayton too...it looked like this 6Y943 from Dayton, but I can't find a pic of the Cman version:

"I've gotta stop treating this stuff like it grows on trees"
Honored Advisor
kmealy

[ Edited ]

5CORECARDS!   Can't tell the players without a scorecard!

Geez, just when it was getting confusing about who owned which brands :  Black and Decker, Porter-Cable, Stanley, DeWalt, and Delta.  Not to mention resurrection of Rockwell (was Delta, then Rockwell, then Delta).     Skil-Bosch-Dremel,  Powermatic, Emerson, Milwaukee, Ryobi, and Ridgid added to the mix.  Shopfox vs. Grizzly.  House brands, clones, rip-offs.  Sometimes the only difference is the color and switch.   To make matters worse, power tool labels on hand tools and vice-versa.

Reminds me of the days when cars would roll off the line with "Plymouth Valiant" on one side and "Dodge Dart" on the other.   Who knows what tail-lights they might have had on them?

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.