Veteran Contributor
Chuck Hans

Re: Was I Expecting Too Much??

I have had the tilt box for a couple of years and I have not had any probllem at all. I would say that your unit has problems and should be exchanged

Senior Contributor
Ross J

I've had the tilt box for about 10 months and it works great, I really like it!

Ross

Senior Contributor
Joe Blade

My table saw is stable.  The numbers do bounce around when placed on the secondary surface.  In addition the numbers appear upside down in the window when placed n the secondary surface.  I am convinced they sent me a defective model and will return it.  Thanks to all for your input.  Joe

Honored Advisor
Warped and Twisted

[ Edited ]

I have a Beal Tilt Box. It seem to be very accurate. I say "seems" because I only used it a few time. Those few time its been right on. 

The fist project was a "decagon" (10 sided) shadow Box. I set the saw blade as instructed and it came out perfect the fist try,  no trail and error.  I'm real happy with mine. 

PhotobucketPhotobuckethttp://www.routerforums.com/tool-reviews/8292-beall-tilt-box-versus-wixey-angle-gauge.html

Alaskans for Global Warming

Find more about Weather in Eagle River, AK
Click for weather forecast

"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot.. it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better"
Veteran Advisor
rfcomm2k

+1 on the Beall Tiltbox. Mine is the Tiltbox II and it is steady unless I bump the tool or the blade is wobbly. I suppose that is the downside of using a precision instrument, waiting for it to stabilize.

Mount it to your blade and wait a minute without touching the machine to see if it stabilizes.

BTW, you do not have your shop on top of an earthquake fault or alongside a freeway do you?

Click for rfcomm2k's, PA Forecast

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" Ira Zolper, 1970
Contributor
barry.colbran

I bought a Wixey unit a few years ago and love it. I told a WW buddy who went and bought the Tilt Box assuming it would work great as well. His first unit was all over the place. He was told to change the battery. That didn't work. He exchanged it for another unit and it worked perfectly.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.