Apprentice Contributor
thefinn1094059

Rockwell 14 Band Saw

I'm being offered this saw by a friend! The saw is 20 plus years old, well maintained and used by finishing carpenter! The saw has 1/2 hp motor and I believe is missing the fence! I'm looking for a band saw for my little hobby shop!
Can I still get parts for this, blades, guides, tires, fence etc?
Thank y'all!
Advisor
L_DAV

Re: Rockwell 14 Band Saw

Viljo,

I recently offered to "store" an older Craftsman 10" band saw that was sitting unused for quite sometime in a shed.  A lot of cleaning, oiling, waxing, adjusting and it now "stores" very well in my shop now. I replaced the metal blade guides with 3/8 inch oak and use teflon spray on then for lubricant.

I would love to come across an older 14" saw that had been well maintained.

You should be able to do a internet search with the model number to find if parts are available.  Many of the parts should be interchangeable with other brand saws. 

As for the fence - one can be made for the saw and can be designed to fit your type of work and in many cases be somewhat better than the fence that was or is with it. 

If you will post the model number here, I would help you do a search if you want.

larry

Honored Advisor
ynoT

Perhaps a model number would help.

For saw that old you should be able to find parts.

Tony

"Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you."
Honored Advisor
JL North GA

Your "Rockwell" band saw is a Delta Rockwell.  It is over 30 years old.  Blades would never be a problem.  Guides - you may have to convert, but shouldn't be a problem.  Tires - enough aftermarket tires, shouldn't be a problem.  Fence - pick a type.  You may have to drill and tap, but I doubt it.

Get the saw.

Senior Contributor
Joe Blade

I've had  a Rockwell 14 for 25 or so years and it has been great.  It is identical to the Delta 14 original.  There were several years there that Delta must have sold off their band saw division to Rockwell.  Parts are the same.  It will give you good service and outlast you if you are kind to it.   Joe

Honored Advisor
handy-dan

Go for it.  I've had mine for years with few problems.  Great saw.

Dan

Dan
Youngstown, Oh
Honored Advisor
Howard Acheson

>>>>  Delta must have sold off their band saw division to Rockwell.

Rockwell owned Delta for a number of years.

That said, its identical to the same period Delta 14 band saw.  It's the saw most Taiwan and Chinese band saws cloned for their 14" saws.  Parts are pretty well interchangable amount all of them.

Howie..............
Esteemed Advisor
fredhargis

You will be able to get whatever you need for that saw. It will be a well made piece of Americana.....

"I long for the days when Coke was a cola, and a joint was a bad place to be" Merle Haggard

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.