Senior Contributor
habitatsupplie1

Oscillating blade sharpener?

My cabinet saw blade needs to last just a little bit longer. Do you think I could get by if I use my oscillating tool's diamond blade to touich it up?

Old Woodie
Honored Advisor
stick48668

Re: Oscillating blade sharpener?

you'll risk cipping a tooth or even breaking one off...

this would have been the week that I'd have finished chewing thru the restraints...
if only new layers hadn't been added....

Stick....
Veteran Advisor
grandpabear

i think you will be buying a new blade very quickly if you do. that is not where you want to learn!! have it sharpened by a pro with all the tooling and experience required

Whittier CA
THE MOST DANGEROUS TOOL IS THE ONE YOU ARE USING
Honored Advisor
Warped and Twisted

I woudn't. You chance doing more harm than good. 

Alaskans for Global Warming

Find more about Weather in Eagle River, AK
Click for weather forecast

"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot.. it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better"
Veteran Advisor
brianalt

Even if you had a robot-like ability to hold the oscillating tool at the proper angle for each saw tooth the diamond grit on one of those is way too coarse for a carbide saw. Carbide requires a very fine grit diamond wheel to do the job right. Coarse diamond grits will leave a sawtooth like edge on the carbide. This is bad for your chisels and even worse for carbide because carbide is very brittle and its edges will break off (dull) very quickly.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.