Frequent Contributor
karasek210411

Re: Jet Tablesaw motor is toast

I would contact jet costumer service and tell them how dissapointed I was with there service and would not recomend there saw to all the people I talk with at the very large woodworking club I belong to . Maybe you will get a response .Adress it to the person in charge of sales 

Senior Contributor
Old Woodie

If worse comes to worse, could you send it back to the headquarters for evaluation and repair, or have you thought about locating a factory authorized repair shop?

It's not worth it to dwell on things that are not worth it!
Contributor
David L.

Duke,

Thanks for the info.  I just got my motor back as well.  The shop I took it to told me the windings were shorted inside somewhere, they were unable to find anything on the surface to repair so thought it was an internal winding.  They quoted me $490 to rewind it so I called Jet and tried to get some info on the Motor frame size etc, and was told that it is a European frame size that is made for them.  They were not willing to give me any specifics.  While I waited for the repair shop I spent a lot of time on the net trying to find a motor that matched the Jet motor's measurements but was unsuccessful. 

I needed my saw to finish a couple of projects so I ended up ordering a replacement from Jet.

I will planning on tearing the bad motor apart and keeping the piece parts for spares but with your info, I will tear the motor apart again and look for the insulation issue you found.  I have it apart several times now but have not been able to figure out how to get the Stator out, do you know if it is pressed in or how it is secured.

Thanks again for the info.

Very Respectfully,

Dave

Dave
Retired US Navy
Contributor
David L.

Everyone,

As mentioned in my response to Duke above, the motor windings are shorted somewhere I think.  If I ever find out for sure what is wrong I will update the post to enlighten everyone and hopefully shed some light on the cause in case someone else ends up in the same predicament.

Thanks again for all of your inputs and suggestions.

Dave

Dave
Retired US Navy

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.