Apprentice Contributor
NYAJoe

Drill Press rolling cabinet

I remember seeing a plan some time ago for a rolling floor cabinet which fit around the pole of a floor model drill press. I dont remember where I saw the plan or recall when I saw it. I have done several searches for it but with no luck.  If you know of this plan and when/where it comes from I would greatly appreciate the information.

Thanks,

Joe

If I am not I, then who will be?

Honored Advisor
ynoT

Re: Drill Press rolling cabinet

Hey Joe,

Allen, our regular member, has made few of those for his tools.

If he reads this he just might be able to help you.

Tony

"Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you."
Veteran Advisor
Allen Worsham

ynoT wrote:

Hey Joe,

Allen, our regular member, has made few of those for his tools.

If he reads this he just might be able to help you.

Tony

Well, yes I am "Regular". Especially since my Gall Bladder surgery last year.   Buh dum dum! (rim shot):smileyvery-happy:

While I have not made one for my Drill Press, it is one of the many things that I have considered and have on my back burner (I think I am up to about 35 or so back burner items now). On my floor DP I put it on a Mobil Base from Harbor Freight with the foot pedal lift. It works very well and sticks out about even with my DP Table with the foot pedel in between my feet when I "belly up" to the table and use the DP. Since my DP lives backed up to the central support post of my garage and only gets moved when cleaning or doing some funky sized piece of wood that I have to move the DP around for, so it doesn't get in the way. I do remember seeing some photos from a few folks who have made cabinets for their DP. One was made stationary on top of a mobile base and another was intigrated into the DP table itself and moved up and down when the table was moved. I personally would make one stationary on the base as it would not get in the way of the adjustment crank. Off the top pf my head I would think about making a cabinet case with a single door that would open fully and then using some full extension slides and make some drawers/trays that would fit around the center post of the DP that the various drill related components could go into. 

Hopefully someone else will be able to chime in with an actual plan. I have done similar things with table saw and lathe stand.

Sorry that I can't be of more assistance.:smileysad:

4584iF6E92A66061752F0

4583iEBB2594D9C12044C

4582i0F2976E8698EBE91

Allen Worsham, Corona, CA

allenworsham@gmail.com

"Graze in every man's field, but always give your own milk."

J.V. McGee
Contributor
LyndenL

[ Edited ]

Here's a plan for a wrap-around drill press cabinet.  It could be sized to set on the rolling base Allen shows in his reply.   http://americanwoodworker.com/blogs/shop/archive/2009/02/23/drill-press-cabinet.aspx

Here's another plan for a wrap-around cabinet that rolls over the drill press base.   http://www.plansnow.com/drillpresscrt.html

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.