Veteran Advisor
ericjoseph2001

Do you own the Rigid TP1300 Planer?

If you do, would you mind posting a picture of the magnetic knife handling tool that came with the unit and/or add a description of the tool as well as your opinion on if it could be reproduced in my shop?  I purchased this unit from a fellow on Craigslist and it' missing a couple pieces, it's brand new, he told me it had been moved several times and other than a small crack in the plastic, the thing is all new, has the original packing and everything is still wrapped.  I purchased a 6 1/8" jointer at the same time which still has the straps on it, it's never been opened.

Honored Advisor
ynoT

Re: Do you own the Rigid TP1300 Planer?

[ Edited ]

If you are a machinist I think you can make this.

Are you sure it is missing?

If it was new then why did he remove the tool?

The tool should be in the side pocket along other tools.

You can always call Ridgid and order missing part. Much easier.

Tony

"Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you."
Veteran Advisor
ericjoseph2001

[ Edited ]

I have everything unpacked, it isn't there, it's also missing the allen wrench and the Combination 8MM 10MM wrench.  The top flap was open on the machine and he told me it had been through several moves.  I just thought if it was a square shape with a magnet in-set, it would be easy enough to make whether or not it was the exact shape of the original tool.  I will call Rigid and see what a replacement costs or ask them if they'd be willing to send one.  Thanks for the reply.

Senior Contributor
tiny1jd2

You can see the tool here http://benchmark.20m.com/reviews/RidgidPlaner/RidgidTP1300Review.html it doesn't look too complicated.  Looks like you could bend a small rod and attach a magnet or use one of the small magnetic pick up tools from an auto parts store.

Veteran Advisor
ericjoseph2001

Thanks so much!  I didn't even know that little side door was there!  I think Tony tried to tell me and it didn't "click"  Found the tools, thanks again!

Honored Advisor
ynoT

Glad that all is fine now Eric.

Tony

"Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you."
Veteran Advisor
ericjoseph2001

Yes sir!  All set up and running well!

Senior Contributor
Garry Mat

I have this planer still. Do you need any help at all with it. It is a great one too. Also I have done a little updating on mine.

Thank you,
Garry E. Matlack

If you can make just the smallest change, hopefully for the better even within yourself, then you have just changed the world.
Senior Contributor
kelsochris

Wow, I just spent the evening driving to St louis to buy the same planer from the store.  I have had two Delta planers and being fed up with problems getting parts I opted for the Ridgid.  One thing has me wondering though.  This is a three knife cutterhead but they only sell replacement blades in two packs, what gives here?

Senior Contributor
jhechel

Old models use 2 knives new models use 3 and the knives are not interchangeable. Are you sure you weren't looking at the old style knives thinking they were for the new model planer?

John
The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :smileyhappy:

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.