Veteran Contributor
Dave in the PacNW
Accepted Solution

Dewalt 735 planer belt question

It melted through and I need a new one...on the Dewalt website, it says there is a "v belt" for sale....the one I'm holding doesn't llook like a v belt to me but there is no photo to compare it to.    It appears to be the only belt for sale but I'm not sure if there is more than one belt on this thing as I can't find a exploded view drawing of the planer.

Basically if you could confirm that this is the belt I need, that would be great.  Thanks!

Dave

Honored Advisor
JL North GA

Re: Dewalt 735 planer belt question

Yes, you can use a V belt.  Look at Tool Parts direct.

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-bin/bigimg.cgi/dewalt/dw735_type_1

Esteemed Advisor

[ Edited ]

JL beat me to the punch.   Item 27 on the parts list.  It calls it a V belt but the picture shows a flat belt with cogs.   I agree it is not a V belt.  

Here is the rest of the  LINK with the parts listed and parts pictures.     Roly

Veteran Contributor
Dave in the PacNW

Thanks guys!  Today started out lousy and then my planer went on the fritz...really appreciate your help.  Never used that vendor before. Hopefully that belt won't be too hard to change.

Dave

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.