Senior Contributor
Allen O.

Dewalt 733 Planer maintenance info needed

I think it's time to bite the bullet and tear down my dewalt 733 planer for some maintenance. After running a board or two through it, the feed rollers start to slip and I have to finish pulling the board through by hand. Does anyone have any good sources of "how-to" videos or books for this work? I trolled around on servicenet but all I saw were exploded parts views that weren't particularly helpful. Any advice or direction would be appreciated.
Allen O.
"Today's mighty oak is nothing more than yesterday's little nut that held it's ground."
Advisor
Rrandy

Re: Dewalt 733 Planer maintenance info needed

If the rollers are still turning then wiping them good with alcohol may "restore" them so they don't slip. Have you tried searching youtube for how to's?

Never do anything you don't want to explain to the EMT.

Senior Contributor
Allen O.

Yes. Searched YouTube for the videos but most of them are on generic maintenance. I was sort of hoping to find something like a "dewalt channel" somewhere. Thanks
Allen O.
"Today's mighty oak is nothing more than yesterday's little nut that held it's ground."
Senior Contributor
Larry Doug

I've had the same problem with my 733, but when I clean the rollers, it works good again. I found that sweeping off my boards before planning, really helps keep the rollers clean longer.

Honored Advisor
ynoT

Allen,

Does the owners manual talk about cleaning rollers?

Have you called any service center and ask about it? Most will let you know.

Tony

"Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you."
Senior Contributor
dbgessner

Sometimes you have to "dig" into the small portable machines to get a good look. I had a feed roller sprocket break in the housing of my 733 and it wasn't all that hard to fix.  Best thing was the view from atop where I could see noticeable wear on the center portion of the roller.  That was causing some slip on my unit before the sprocket broke.

I had run several thousand feet of oak, maple and cherry through mine.

David

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.