Apprentice Member
thedexters

Black Friday--Lathe purchase

Does anybody know of any retailer who will put midi lathes on sale black Friday?

Honored Advisor
ynoT

Re: Black Friday--Lathe purchase

Most of them have 800 numbers. Give them a call.

If they don't want to talk, than sit and wait. One will come up before too long.

Tony

"Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you."
Veteran Contributor
Michael Ford

Rather than spend the money on a new lathe look for a good used lathe instead.

On Cragslist in Orlando there is usually at least one mine lathe for sale.

A mini lathe rarely sees much use so it should be in close to like new condition for half the cost. Plus sometimes the seller with sell it with add-ons like the tools and chucks. Do a little research before you make an offer so you don’t pay too much and you should save some money. The usual cost of used equipment is half of the new cost. This can go up or down depending on the condition, the number of similar lathes for sell and the extras if any.

Honored Advisor
JL North GA

Craft Supplies USA has a deal (20% off and free shipping) on Jet lathes that ends today.

Apprentice Member
thedexters

The only ones I know are Sears, menards, Amazon, Rocklers, PSI Direct.  Are there more that I am missing that make their own lathes or sell the products?  Thanks.

Apprentice Member
thedexters

I went to this website and their price doesn't touch what Amazon has them on sale for right now.  Thanks.  Appreciate the input.

Apprentice Member
thedexters

I have been looking for 3 weeks.  I live in Western KY area.  I can't touch and feel one in Orlando and they won't ship them.  local pickup only.  I have been looking as far as St Louis, Nashville, Louisville and most want 1/2 of the retail price not 1/2 of a sale price so no luck on a used one.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.