Make a tortilla press

by SteveInMarin on ‎01-22-2010 04:56 PM

Aside from woodworking, cooking is one of my passions. Well, that and eating. For what it’s worth on a woodworking forum, I gravitate toward Thai, Indian, and Mexican food. Mexican food is something I make at least twice a week: authentic Yucatan as well as quick Tex-Mex.

It dawned on me recently how much I was spending on tortillas at the store and decided to start making my own. It’s really easy and they taste better, but you need a tortilla press to simplify the process even more. Here’s my version:

Comments
by Community Manager on ‎01-31-2010 09:16 AM

WAY cool!!

by johnprose on ‎02-25-2010 08:21 AM

Absolutely excellent ! I was searching for a tortilla press and couldn't find one at local stores; imagine my surprise that I could easily make one myself.

by philh55016 on ‎02-25-2010 11:23 AM

How would this work for lefse ?We norsk need them &lude fisk.

by kaysbelle on ‎02-25-2010 11:34 AM

Being a beginning woodworker and a lover of tex-mex, I would love to have printable instructions on making the tortilla press.  Any one know where I can get written instructions?

by on ‎01-09-2013 10:01 AM

Genius! I will definitely try making this. I can make plenty of use for it not only tortillas but also other delicacies and other food stuff that needs pressing. My Grandma sure needs one. 

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.