Esteemed Advisor
fredhargis

Re: Stereos and fluorescent lights

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

"I long for the days when Coke was a cola, and a joint was a bad place to be" Merle Haggard
Frequent Contributor
MRue

I battled this for a long time in my shop. AM primarily, but FM sometimes too.

I found the perfect solution to anyone who has an IPAD or IPhone.

Nearly all radio stations have an internet site that streams the broadcast. Get an Apple airporter for $99 and hook it up to your receiver and get the signal from your wireless network.  ZERO interference, and a million sources for music, news, talk, and baseball games.

Mike

Esteemed Advisor
fredhargis

Let me ask (since we have a Mac with an Airport Extreme router), I'd need either the Ipad or Iphone (don't have eother, will never have an Iphone) to connect to the receiver? I'd consider an Ipad if I can get it without a phone company contract.

"I long for the days when Coke was a cola, and a joint was a bad place to be" Merle Haggard
Apprentice Contributor
Woodtoolgy

i have both an iphone and an ipad.  Both have bluetooth and wifi.

I use wifi (my home wireless internet connection) to watch tv and get music to the shop.  Check wih your cable provider to see if it is available for you.   This gets the signals to the Apple Device.

I have a stereo with wired speakers and my stereo receiver has an "aux" stereo input.  I bought a Belkin bluetooth reciever and use that to let the stereo recieve the stereo sound via bluetooth.

For me, this is the magic app for the ipad.  No need for a cell phone carrier service for this to work.

I LOVE it...  

Good Luck and feel free to email me for additional advice.

Honored Advisor
stick48668

don't turn on the reciever...

problem solved...

this would have been the week that I'd have finished chewing thru the restraints...
if only new layers hadn't been added....

Stick....
Esteemed Advisor
fredhargis

[ Edited ]

My problem is solved and I can still turn on the receiver. I put a Mac mini computer in the shop now and use it to stream internet radio as well as keep up with whatever I usually check, like these forums. Best part is I have a virtually unlimited list of radio stations and formats to listen to!

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.