Completed Electric Guitar (case pics added 9/23/10)

by ‎09-03-2010 05:41 PM - edited ‎09-23-2010 11:00 AM

This is a hard tail electric guitar made for my oldest son….my 2nd guitar, and 2nd completed project of the year. The front is curly maple with green dye, the body is ash painted black. The finish is lacquer. Those interested in details of the build can find more info here . Completion time was about a month…roughly 70 hours. There are still a few adjustments to be made, and I need to fit cover for the jack, but it’s working well so far.

The case followed a few weeks after completing the guitar....just some shop scraps covered with material.  The inside is foam cut around the guitar body, and covered with fleece.  The hardware was purchased through Parts Express....total was ~ $25 for the case.

6604i050F1DF85CE3CA57

6606i8834A9FA34948297

Comments
by Community Manager on ‎09-04-2010 08:09 AM

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!    

And so.... how does she sound and how does she play?     Looks like a modern shred machine - no lilting suspended seventh jazz chords on this monster!

by on ‎09-04-2010 01:52 PM

Thanks Matt - The sound is very encouraging so far.  The final tuning and intonation adjustments still need to be done, but we're pleased with the pickups and combination of sounds so far.  This son is a relatively inexperienced player, so I'd really like to hear it in the hands of a more advanced player.  My middle son is pretty good, we sent him back to college last week.  I'm going to try and get some video/sound clips posted....

by on ‎10-04-2010 09:41 AM

Wow, Scott. That's awesome! I've been tempted to try a guitar myself, but I don't play. I've got a friend that keeps trying to get me to make him one, but I hate trying that for someone else.. the first time. Absolutely beautiful work Scott.

by on ‎10-09-2010 06:06 AM

Absolutely beautiful. I have built a couple of electric guitars, so I know what work goes into it. GREAT JOB!!!!!

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.