Veteran Advisor
Sawdustr

Honey and Cinnamon to cure colds;

Good Morning Fellows,

Did you know that a teaspoon of honey ( local raw honey is best ) and a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon will usually knock a cold within a day or two? Take twice a day for 3 days for best results. Both honey and cinnamon are antifungal, antibacterial. Also knocks bladder/kidney infections, it reduces sugar levels, blood pressure and acts as a pain reliever for arthritis!

I take it every day and the joint pain I used to have has almos gone completely. Mix it in your first cup of coffee each morning for best results.

Remember to keep your hands no closer to a spinning blade or bit than 6" for safety sake.

Respectfully,

Ralph Jones General Forums Host

http://www.ralphjoneswoodworking.com
Honored Advisor
krumy205747

Re: Honey and Cinnamon to cure colds;

Good advice Ralph!

Wife and I always put a dash of cinnamon in our first cup of morning coffee, about twice a week I also put a bit of honey in mine, and yes the honey is from a local bee keeper. As an aside, it's also where I buy bees wax, it costs a fraction of what it costs from catalogs or a hardware store.

Why buy locally produced honey

Steve K

Where do I get my wood? I'm oppor"turn"istic!!
Esteemed Advisor
john880

[ Edited ]

Ralph, thank you for that I assuredly will give it a try. BUT,,,,

Can I bore you with a very true similar story of a health suggestion not relating to your suggestion at all,,,,

At Mardi Gras time,, New Orleans isn't the only town that has these gala bead tossing gala parades take place in the south. We were camping at Gulf Shores Alabama where just up two different direction  Folly, and Orange beach had theirs. Then on over a skip & jump to Florida where at Pensacola beach also had one.

Anyways we joined a celebration there at Pensacola Beach during the day between these night time festivities to where they were serving free soft drinks with a health proportions of black beans & rice with these long hot dogs with all of the trimmings. And a beer truck for those who wanted to pay for such standing by. A BIG tented festive gathering with brightly color beads dangling from necks with mask, hats & costumes of bright gold, purple, green of all sizes and designs were the uniform of the day. Getting our helpings my wife & I sitting down there at one of MANY of these decorative tables to join a older gentleman where as he noticed my limping from my arthritics. We entered a conversation where he told a length story of how he came across Alfalfa (the horse food) and how it helped him tremendously and his buddy ( who sat down a bit later to join us) who confirmed it all.

Off to Walmart we go buying these big green tablets of Alfalfa,,,,it put me into a 5 day stint of misery. Went to the local clinic there at Folly for help. Had to get a series of steroids shots in that length of time to rid my body of the stuff. I was allergic to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-8Y9bSXpzc

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Esteemed Advisor
Larry-Jenkins

Effects on us diabetics?

Larry

Larry.. East Central Iowa

Good enough.. Isn't.
Honored Advisor
Warped and Twisted

Not being a doctor I wouldn't want to say.

But I'll bet if you spent some time with Goggle you'd find what you're looking. Google has so much information you wouldn't believe it. 

Alaskans for Global Warming

Find more about Weather in Eagle River, AK
Click for weather forecast

"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot.. it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better"
Senior Contributor
Larry Doug

Ralph, I just now copied your story to give to my wife. She is battling an infection right now. I may even try it myself, as I suffer with arthritis. Thanks.

Advisor
TNT Sr

Not to mention, local honey helps with allergies too.  Builds up your immune system.  Out here in West Texas, I think the bees carry red dirt vs. pollen, but either way, it does help :smileywink:

Troy

Remember, you're just one mistake away from a lesson learned...

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.