Contributor
mwal20

"Splinter"

Does anyone have an update on the "splinter" car that was featured in issue 186, october 2008?  I haven't heard anything since that article pubished.

Community Manager
MSWOODcraft

Re: "Splinter"

DARNED good question!     I've poked Lucas Peters, in the back office, to see if he can respond come the start of the work week.   If memory serves, he was involved in some of the original reporting for that cover article.    Let's see what he responds with.

Best,

Matt Seiler
Wood Online Moderator

Veteran Advisor
grandpabear

official web site    http://www.joeharmondesign.com/ 

Whittier CA
THE MOST DANGEROUS TOOL IS THE ONE YOU ARE USING
Senior Advisor
Woodburner

I noticed at the bottom of gpb's official site that you can register for updates of the splinter car.  Give that a shot. I did not check it out.

Leo

LEO
Forums Host
Community Manager
Lucas Peters @ WOOD

It's been a while since I talked to Joe Harmon. I caught him at the IWF shortly after the Splinter article came out and he updated me in a little video interview. I caught up with him again at AWFS in Vegas and not much had changed.

The car had advanced a lot since we visited him in Durham, but I think that there was still some engine work to do before it was driveable.

With the way the economy went, he had to back off on the expeditures, so he wasn't working on the car at quite the breakneck pace that he had been previously. I believe he ended up with a job in automotive design after he graduated, which was one of the larger goals of this project.

He had to move for that job, so he wasn't as close to some of the shop resources he had. I think work slowed down because of that as well.

I'll see if I can get in touch with him and get an update.

LP

Lucas Peters
WOOD Magazine Digital Content Manager
Check out the Complete WOOD Back Issue Collection. Now on USB thumb drive!

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.