Contributor
lippertrk

plans for stagecoach?

I have often thought about building an old fashioned Stagecoach. I was wondering if anyone might have plans to build one that they might want to share. I don't have horses and I am not a western cowboy(although John Wayne is still the King)  I just think that building one would not only be alot of fun, but a pretty good challenge, too. Can anyone please help?  Thanks

Advisor
Beaver Creek Woodworks

Re: plans for stagecoach?

Here is a source.  For $4,500.00 they can keep them as far as I am concerned.  They do have a fully functional already built one for sale.  $85 grand with no horses included.

Good luck on your build.

http://www.westernstagecoaches.com/plans.html

Greg Coleman
Jackson, TN
Veteran Contributor
thehandyandy

If you don't have $4,500, you might wish to invest $35 in plans for a miniature version and just scale it up from this web site:

http://www.over-land.com/coachplans.html

By the way, the "stagecoach" you see the most is the "Concord Coach" made in Concord, NH by the Abbot-Downing Coach Company.  Most of them were sold to Wells Fargo to transport people and goods in the expanding West.

Honored Advisor
ynoT

Doing that is fine, however; will it show all the details to complete full size coach?

Tony

"Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you."
Apprentice Visitor
ericrich01

i  see this is an old posting, but i  too  have long wanted to build an authentic stage coach.  been a carpenter and builder for 20  years I also was going to school for architectural engineering. I have looked at the whole idea of scaling up, and this type of build doesn't work properly that way.  there are some pros to having scale plans.  I'm working on my own plans and if your still interested i would be glad to share notes or discuss the build.

Frequent Contributor
airman1774020

I have an old wooden stagecoach model kit if you are interested.  It was made by the ALLWOOD BRAND company and it measures 91/2" long x 61/4" high x 41/2" wide.  Box has been opened but evrything is till there.

Apprentice Contributor
woodie26

Did you get the plans done? Photos?

Thanks

Senior Contributor
Ron P.

www.cherrytreetoys.com has a plan for a stagecoach.
Senior Contributor
Ron P.

If you search for it enter stage coach "two words"

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.