Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

pictures

OK, smallpatch1, you and others want pictures, no matter what they look like.  Here are some of a serving tray I threw together with some scrap oak.  It took me several days between glue ups.  My next door neighbor said it was really pretty and my wife also liked it.  So much from two very prejudiced critics.  So let's see what some real woodworkers think.  Here you go.

P8250122.jpg

P8250123.jpg

P8250124.JPG

Esteemed Advisor

Re: pictures

Looks Nice!!

Kelly C
Medford, OR
Senior Contributor

I like it too! Thanks for sharing!

Old Woodie
Advisor

Looks good.  really like those tight end grain butt joints not bad for a thrown together glue up.

Bruce
Boise, ID
Honored Advisor

Very nice.  Nice job of cutting and gluing up the bottom and I like thw finish.

Dan
Youngstown, Oh
Veteran Advisor

Very nice!

Cal

Community Manager

Well done!

Best,

Matt Seiler
Forum Moderator

Honored Advisor

Amazing, the last four new post has the little box attachment meaning there are pictures to be seen. I'll bet a few light bulbs started flashing from a few guys when they saw your serving tray. And maybe even some have considered enlarging it with shelves and wheels!!!!! And maybe John will call you for the plans to go in his camper... I heard he and his wife have to stand in the bathroom when they eat lunch for the lack of room. They finally got use to the close quarters for they bought their rig back in 1964 when he got rich and is too tight to up grade for one with a bed!!..

The finish look good. What did you use and how? 

Honored Advisor

[ Edited ]

I do not believe I had ever seen a "patch work of Oak" before used for a bottom in a set of trays. Good idea ! kind of ah country look.

To my ex-camping buddy ~The Macbeth of our camping buddy,

I thought that you promised faithful to us, (you even crossed you heart, and stomped on the ground three times) not too tell any one, about how small our camper really was. You,ve stabbed me/us in our hearts you really have. How it was all we could afford, to have this year'n to get out there where wild hogs call, and how how we had to struggle just to buy our black-eyed-peas and week old bread, and had to eat there standing up next to the Porta-potty, because we could not bare to be with all of those those rich campers with their bags of marshmallows sitting there a laugh'n at there at the campfires. Saved our chickens egg money and grandma's eye glass moneys, to pay in payments for our hill side campground spot over by the latrines. Oh Smallpatch the protrale of it all. and we were so close.

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Honored Advisor

I think your neighbor and wife have good taste. Nice job.

"If you can't hide it...advertise it!"