Frequent Reader
goldieman

cutting a radius

In issue #190 (May 2009) there is an article on building a ccopressed-air work station.  The side  layout detail shows cutting a 4" radius and a 51/4" radius.  When I set my compass to  4" it doesn't come close to the edge of the workpiece for the arc to work.  Plus I totally don't understand the 51/4" radius further up the board.  Can someone please help me with this?

Community Manager
MSWOODcraft

Re: cutting a radius

Moved from the Announcements forum to the topically appropriate board.

Best,

Matt Seiler
Wood Online Moderator

Honored Advisor
mathisonr1

goldieman wrote:

In issue #190 (May 2009) there is an article on building a ccopressed-air work station.  The side  layout detail shows cutting a 4" radius and a 51/4" radius.  When I set my compass to  4" it doesn't come close to the edge of the workpiece for the arc to work.  Plus I totally don't understand the 51/4" radius further up the board.  Can someone please help me with this?

The side piece is 21 inches wide. From the bottom left hand corner measure 4 inches in along the bottom and 1 and 5/8" up from the bottom edge. From this point mark your radius.

The other radius is 5 and 1/4" not 51/4ths.

Rick

Rick Mathison
General Forums Host
"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."
Advisor
wadriscoll1

[ Edited ]

Did that previous post solve your question or do you need a little more detail on how to draw the curve the pattern calls for - Willy

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.