Apprentice Visitor
Shelly Kokines

Re: Wooden Boot Jack Plan?

Hi I would like to make some of these as well could you email me the dimensions or the template I would be very grateful thank You

Shelly

Honored Advisor
mathisonr1

Here's some 4H plans I found. The boot jack is on the last page, but it is full of small, simple plans.

http://www.ksre.ksu.edu/library/4h_y2/4h167.pdf

Rick

Rick Mathison
General Forums Host
"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."
Veteran Advisor
Sawdustr

[ Edited ]

Firejohn,

You sure got a big laugh out of me on that one and the sad part is you are right.

Just look at this so called Health Bill that passed. I sure will be glad to see November come so we can vote all of the incumbents out. Oh, Oh I may have overstepped my bounds.

Here is one I made out of plywood during the big snow we had so I could take my gum boots off.

3690iBA22B04A6FC61429Simply take a piece of plywood 8" wide by 16" long and measure in 1" from both sides and layout a 45º angle to the center about 5" down from the top and bandsaw it out.

Then according to the next picture place a fulcrum just behind the bottom of the V and you have a boot jack,3691iBCE71B906738DFDC and there you have it.

Remember to keep your hands no closer to a spinning blade or bit than 6" for safety sake.

Respectfully,

Ralph Jones General Forums Host

http://www.ralphjoneswoodworking.com
Veteran Advisor
rxeagle

Ron, I did one like the top one w/o the leather pad. Did based on one my father in law did. I just routed my initials and did one for my son also. I still use mine and is over 25 years old.

Gerald Lawrence @ The Eagles Nest
Brandon,MS
Apprentice Visitor
mhein68.

I also would like the templates if possible????? I would pay for template and postage if needed??? Thanks!

Mike Heinen
mhein68@verizon.net
Southern IL
Senior Contributor
Old Woodie

About politicians' tongue: Seems that right now, the only politicians in D.C. that have any convictions are those serving time!

By the way, have you ever broken down the work: Poli tics? Poly means many and a tic? They are bloodsuckers!

Sorry, but just got carried away! We are still having a heyday with our Poly Ticians in S.C.!

It's not worth it to dwell on things that are not worth it!
Apprentice Visitor
rbullis2

Hi,

I am a Technology Educator in New York and I have students that are very interested in making boot jacks.  It would be greatly appreciated if you could send me plans or templates of the design that you use.  I would be willing to pay for any postage fees if necessary.

Thanks,

Rich

Robert M. Finley Middle School

1 Forest Ave

Glen Cove, NY 11542

att: Rich Bullis

rbullis@glencove.k12.ny.us

Veteran Contributor
marten b

Hey WOOD

This looks like a good magazine project.  I could use one as well.:smileyhappy:

Marten

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.