Contributor
winninghams_23

Wooden Boot Jack Plan?

Hi everyone,

Done anyone have plans for a boot jack? Or have a layout pattern of the throat or know the dimensions of the throat?  I would like to build some that will work for both adults and young children.

Thanks,

Scotty
Advisor
wadriscoll1

Re: Wooden Boot Jack Plan?

Scotty - have a look at MOTHER EARTH and see if it works for you. - Willy

Senior Contributor
Ron P.

I have made three different styles.  The most common is 12 1/2 inches long, 2 1/4 at the base and 5 inches at the throat.  The opening you can get by using a caliper on the boots in question.  My throats are 4 inches deep and shaped like a "U" pulled out at the top with a curve at the top of the "U".  I use 3/4 inch and 2" inch stock.  A base piece sits the bootjack approximately 4 inches off level.  I can send you templates if you like.

Contributor
winninghams_23

Ron P.,

I would like to see those templates and maybe pictures if you have some.

Thanks,

Scotty

Scotty
Veteran Advisor
Sawdustr

Hello Winningham,

All you need to make a good everlasting boot jack is a board about 14 to 16" long and cut a V into one end and right behind the 45º cuts add a fulcrum under the board so that when you step on the long end the V will rise up so you can hook your boot on the V and raise your foot out of the boot, then do the other one.

I like Willie's forked stick variety however a true fork can be hard to come by in the city.

Remember to keep your hands no closer to a spinning blade or bit than 6" for safety sake.

Respectfully,

Ralph Jones General Forums Host

http://www.ralphjoneswoodworking.com
Senior Contributor
Ron P.

Scotty, send me your e-mail address.  I can't get this picture thing figured out.

sawdust60@netzero.net

Apprentice Visitor
tincantex123

I would also really like to have a copy of the template, too, if at all possible.

My daughter has asked me for one and I am not at all sure.

We found the forked limb plan at Mother Earth, but she was asking for the ones like you make.

I really appreciate it!

Mike

Senior Contributor
Ron P.

BootjackB.JPGBootjackC.JPGBootjackA.JPGThis is made from 3/4 inch stock

Senior Contributor
Ron P.

Man, I can't figure this picture/text thing out. The top left is made from 2 inch stock.  The top right and bottom bootjacks are made from 3/4 inch stock.  They all are cowboy tested and approved.  I can't figure out how to do these on Sketchup so contact me, let me know which one(s) you want and I will mail the templates to you.

Senior Advisor
firejohn

Sawdustr wrote:

....however a true fork can be hard to come by in the city.

Ralph, just find a politician and use his tongue.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.