Apprentice Contributor
Dan Stuckey1880448

Where to find metal foot rings for bar stools?

Looking to build several bar stools for a friend. Want to add the metal rings around the legs for foot support. Does anyone know a source where these can be found?

Senior Contributor
jeff_dawn_ramer

Re: Where to find metal foot rings for bar stools?

What style of bar stools are you building ? If your looking for the chrome tubular rings.Stop by your local bar/resturaunt and ask,they usually have a few broken one's in the back room.They may need cleaned up a bit,but you may get them for free.  Or another option would be to have your local steel supply,or fabricating shop run a piece of 1/4 x 1 flat stock thru a set of rolls and form a circle, and use that for your foot rest.

Jeff

Esteemed Advisor
hankm

As a young sailor, and having looked up at stools from a horizontal position in many a bar, I can say that most are fabricated in house. However, this after market unit may be cost effective:

http://www.adorama.com/SAPFR110.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_sour...

SAPFR110.jpg

cold-case-sleepy-sailor.jpg

A successful journey has two parts; facing the right direction, and taking the first step.

- Beachside Hank, WOOD Online Video Host

Esteemed Advisor
p_toad

you can try some place like this or this

i have not dealt with either of them....that's just from a quickie search

Apprentice Contributor
Dan Stuckey1880448

Thanks  guys. Dang, I googled all kinds of ways and couldnt find them. Thanks

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.