Veteran Contributor
Sylvio

Pyramid Angles

I wish to build a pyramid form witn an 8" base and 8" heigth.  I'm a bit confused as to how to set my blade and miter angles.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Pyramide.jpg

Honored Advisor
krumy205747

Re: Pyramid Angles

I would definitely use a birdsmouth router bit. They eliminate many of the math issues in such a project.

Birdsmouth joinery bits.

Steve K

Where do I get my wood? I'm oppor"turn"istic!!
Honored Advisor
mathisonr1

Use this calculator. Click HERE

Rick

Rick Mathison
General Forums Host
"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."
Veteran Contributor
Sylvio

Neat calculator.   Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
Mike & Ike

Hi Everyone,

Definitely a neat calculator and helpful too since the picture in Sylvio's original post made my head hurt (I swear I knew how to figure that out at one point...ah, old age, ain't it grand?).

Question for everyone though....and this may be a bit academic.  But the calculator appears to report angles to the second or third decimal place.  I don't think most woodworking equipment is that precise so is there concern on your part that this project will be, for lack of a better term, gappy? 

I have no idea, just a thought...and Sylvio you're far more brave than me...I'm not sure I'd try something like this.  Good luck with it!

Mike T.

Honored Advisor
mathisonr1

[ Edited ]

Mike & Ike wrote:

Hi Everyone,Question for everyone though....and this may be a bit academic.  But the calculator appears to report angles to the second or third decimal place.  I don't think most woodworking equipment is that precise so is there concern on your part that this project will be, for lack of a better term, gappy? 

I have no idea, just a thought...and Sylvio you're far more brave than me...I'm not sure I'd try something like this.  Good luck with it!

Mike T.

If your angle is going to be off a little bit, just make certain that it's the long points that meet first. They don't have to be perfect if you're never going to see the inside. And we really are litterally splitting hairs here.

Rick

Rick Mathison
General Forums Host
"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.