Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Project Photos

[ Edited ]

Here is a fly tying station I made for my nephew. Made out of hard maple. Thanks for looking.

Kelly C
Medford, OR
Honored Advisor

Re: Project Photos

That is nice Kelly.  Keeps everything neat and within reach. 

Dan
Youngstown, Oh
Veteran Advisor

very cool & useful project!

Cal

Honored Advisor

That is kinda neat. And it floats while fishing and tying at the same time!!  Who would have thought? Then when you get home from fishing the wife uses it to sew the buttons back on from the schuffle you had with the bear trying to steal your fish.

I do think it is amazing how no two people think the same...

Honored Advisor

smallpatch1 wrote:

That is kinda neat. And it floats while fishing and tying at the same time!!  Who would have thought? Then when you get home from fishing the wife uses it to sew the buttons back on from the schuffle you had with the bear trying to steal your fish.

I do think it is amazing how no two people think the same...

No bear problems here - just Bigfoot.

Kelly C
Medford, OR
Advisor

I like it. Nice and compact everything where you can see it.  I need something like that.  I have all my slytying stuff in a large Plano tackle box make it kind of inconvenient to get at.

Bruce
Boise, ID
Honored Advisor

bjohnstone11 wrote:

I like it. Nice and compact everything where you can see it.  I need something like that.  I have all my slytying stuff in a large Plano tackle box make it kind of inconvenient to get at.

I found the plans online and built it from there. I changed few things, like the brass rods instead of dowels.

Kelly C
Medford, OR
Honored Advisor

Nice and very practical, but how do you keep those little buggers still?

"If you can't hide it...advertise it!"
Honored Advisor

[ Edited ]

Kelly now that is cool !!!

I was once standing there above an angler at Bennett Springs, when he came up out of the water to sit on some big round bolders, and from his vest bough out some feathers and sat there tying a new fly that he thought would be the ticket for that moment on the water.

This fly tying is a thing of art. You did well with a station for one of these anglers, akin as to an easel is to ah painter.

http://mostateparks.com/park/bennett-spring-state-park

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Advisor

I hope you date and identify the new family heirloom.

Paul-on the beautiful Maine Coast