Apprentice Contributor
BruceP

Plan for hexagon bird house

I am looking for a plan for a hexagonal shaped birdhouse including a six section wooden roof.

Anyone know where to find a plan.

Frequent Contributor
ralkins001

Re: Plan for hexagon bird house

I have one for purple martins down stairs.

Veteran Advisor
Danl

birdhouse.jpgSorry for the poor pic quality.  This bird house plan is from Woodsmith Vol. 20/No.117 June 1998.  I have a better pic some where.  I built this before I had a digital camera.

Danl

Frequent Contributor
ralkins001

Taht is better than mine which has an a frame roof with a small cupleau on top.

Veteran Advisor
Danl

Birdhouse.jpg

Senior Reader
edackley

I don't have any plans on paper but have made several dozen  of various sizes.  All the plans are in my feeble mind,

they all fit well including the hexagon sloped roofs.  If you have a way for me to contact you without having to display my email in this forum will be happy to write down the plans and send them to you.

Veteran Advisor
It was Al B

[ Edited ]

Bruce,  Suggestion for edackley post.  Use the PM feature for personal correspondence.

A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you have been taking.
Al B from Salisbury, MA
Advisor
wadriscoll1

Have a look at THIS PLAN the price is right - Willy

Veteran Advisor
Jon439

While not a hexagon bird house this is a hexagon bird feeder. No plans, it just evolved. It consists of over 750 individual pieces of wood and a 6-sided hand bent, soldered copper roof. The base fits over a 4x4 post.

Bird Feeder R2.JPG

Jon-439
Veteran Advisor
It was Al B

It's a great looking bird feeder, but if I built something like this, there is no way it would find its way outside, for the squirrels to destroy.

A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you have been taking.
Al B from Salisbury, MA

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.