Apprentice Member
rogndeb2

Oldham 7" Dado Blade

I have an Oldham 7" dado blade #7005012, but have never used it. I need instructions on how to install it on my table saw. Can someone assist me, or point me to a link for video instructions? Thanks!

Esteemed Advisor
p_toad

Re: Oldham 7" Dado Blade

[ Edited ]

go here and open up the power point document.  should step you right thru it.   :smileyhappy:

step 1...unplug your saw.

step 1.1  remove insert

step 2...remove regular saw blade.

step 3...adjust dado to size you need.

step 4...install dado

step 4.1 install insert....check to make sure that dado has full clearance.  if you are using a zero clearance insert with your regular saw blade, you will need to make a new insert for your dado set (maybe several to match "common" widths you will be making)

step 5.  plug in saw, raise dado to height needed...make test cut and adjust as necessary....  remember to unplug saw before removing or installing blade...  you may feel this is unnecessary....  your choice, your chance.

Esteemed Advisor
p_toad

Re: Oldham 7" Dado Blade

Hope i didn't drive you away and sound too preachy.....based on my experience and that of fellow members who've been hurt by their saws....there's almost no such thing as "too careful"....    Hope you get that dado working ok for your project.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.