Contributor
Erv & Son

Nutcracker Plans

About a month ago, I asked if anyone had plans for turning a nutcracker and one kind member replied that in the 1993 Nov & Dec issues of Wood there were plans and examples of such. However, unless I am doing something wrong, it seems I will have to purchase a DVD covering these dates in order to get the plans. I am not ready to purchase a $50 DVD for those two issues, so I was wondering if any of you might have these two copies and would be willing to send me a copy the "guts" of these two mags concerning the making of the nutcracker. I realize that perhaps making a nutcracker is not rocket science, but what I am hoping to find is a means to build nutcrackers in differing sizes yet still maintaining their bodies, arms, legs, etc., in proportion. I will be happy to pay for it. Thanks for your help. Jim

Frequent Contributor
OU-STEW

Re: Nutcracker Plans

Try a web search for nutcrackers from plans. Grizzley shows a set of plans for $8.00

For all things repetitive use templates and jigs.
Advisor
wadriscoll1

[ Edited ]

Jim - unfortunately WOOD magazine have a copyrite in place on all their articles prohibiting this. You can get a copy of these articles from WOOD Article Reprint Service for a fee of $5.00 if your interested. Here's A LINK to a picture of it.

Willy

On Line Host

Plans

Contributor
Erv & Son

Willy,

Thanks for the advice, I never even considered a copywrite infringement might play into this. It was my oversight and thanks for drawing this to my attention. I will be getting in touch with the folks you suggested and hopefully my issue will be solved. Thanks again. Jim 

Advisor
wadriscoll1

They have a 1-888-636-4478 available for your convience as long as your paying by credit card. Just make sure you have the issue number available if you call. - Willy

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.