WOOD Editor
Craig at WOOD

Issue 205 Toy Truck Pattern Correction

[ Edited ]

The patterns for the Construction-Grade Hauler (shown below) in issue 205 (July 2011) were printed 2% too large in the WOOD Patterns® insert. While this shouldn't greatly affect the fit of the parts, to correctly size the patterns, photocopy them at 98% of their original size. We've also added the downloadable patterns for your immediate access. 

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Side Dump.jpg

Lowboy.jpg

Craig @ WOOD
Esteemed Advisor
john880

Re: Issue 205 Toy Truck Pattern Correction

[ Edited ]

Hey Craig,

Who ever over there at Wood came up with the idea for this series, put a bowl  (A wood bowl) of M & M's on their desk (with a card). The design ~ in eye-appeal, functionality ~ in that child's world of reality, woodworker ~ puts this challenge in this endeavor a close one to their hearts.

All in All , A very good choice.  :smileywink::smileyhappy:

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

WOOD Editor
Craig at WOOD

The correctly sized patterns are now available for download:

Corrected Truck Patterns

Craig @ WOOD
Apprentice Visitor
davidansonnz1

Craig, I've a small dilemma in that I'm keen to make these two items but can't access my copy of Issue 205 as it's in sea freight en-route to me overseas. I've already made the boom crane having bought and downloaded the plan and purchased the fittings (hardware kit). I had hoped to find a similar plan and hardware kits for the Lowboy and Sidedump but I can't locate these on-line and of course I don't have access to the details in the magazine article.

Can you assist me here?

David

Contributor
John (Jack) Griffin from eastern Ontario

Hi Craig

I made these two trucks, I also made the excavator, so now I am waiting for my great grandson to come up and see what I made for him he is craze about big trucks and bulldozers. I can't wait to see his face, when he see them. But first I have to make a doll's highchair for his sister.

I really enjoyed making them. I look forward to making some thing else in this series.

John Griffin

Veteran Advisor
messy35339

Thank you.

Taking slobbery to new dimensions!
Messy...

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.