Contributor
jbscruises

Gun rack plans

I need some plans for a gun rack that holds three guns. I've looked at Wood mag. and Google. I know you guys have built some nice ones. I want this one to be extra

nice, it could open alot of doors for me. Thanks guys,

Jim

Honored Advisor
ynoT

Re: Gun rack plans

So, did you like one that was made by Wood?

What exactly are you looking for in gun rack?

Tony

"Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you."
Honored Advisor
mathisonr1

Here's a basic plan.

http://www.woodworkingcorner.com/gunrack.php

You can make modifications from there.

Here is one that I made for my brother using cedar and making a raised panel for the back.

P4121636.JPG

Rick

Rick Mathison
General Forums Host
"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."
Contributor
jbscruises

I didn't find any for racks but for gun cabinets. Am I doing something wrong searching

on Wood site? JIm

Honored Advisor
mathisonr1

[ Edited ]

I googled "free gun rack plans". I'm not sure if Wood has ever done a simple "GUN RACK"

Run

Rick Mathison
General Forums Host
"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."
Esteemed Advisor
hankm

mathisonr1 wrote:

Here's a basic plan.

http://www.woodworkingcorner.com/gunrack.php

You can make modifications from there.

Here is one that I made for my brother using cedar and making a raised panel for the back.

P4121636.JPG

Rick

I can see it would not be advisable to do a break and enter into your brother's house.

Politicians like to panic. It's their substitute for achievement. - Sir Humphrey Appleby

- Beachside Hank, WOOD Online Video Host

Esteemed Advisor
hankm

jbscruises wrote:

I didn't find any for racks but for gun cabinets. Am I doing something wrong searching

on Wood site? JIm

There are just as many designs for gun racks as there are recipes for casseroles. Try to design your own based on the needs of your projected client/ market- do what others aren't.

http://www.google.com/images?q=gun+rack&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:smileysurprised:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&...

Politicians like to panic. It's their substitute for achievement. - Sir Humphrey Appleby

- Beachside Hank, WOOD Online Video Host

Senior Advisor
john880

Hi there Jim

It seems that the hooked forms of the wood is rather standard. But what style in the background is ones choice and would also make it a one of a kind. Type of wood & stain/hue of color, carvings, All would correspond to high light the theme of the rack.  Example; There are now some very fine reproductions of the old Winchester posters, metal & cardboard. As a matter of fack there are over 3000 posters of you just name it interest. At the fabric stores some very good impressions of different shades of leather in vinyl, added some stuffing for a slightly raised padded center. Also I have seen cow hides in vinyl. just recess this area of embellishment and you could add a glass front.

If you would look at the different plans on side entry mirrors, you would see where a lot of these add at their bottoms they add a set of shallow drawers, this could be added to you rack also. The gun holder them selves could be embellished on if you can carve, the theme carrying over to the outside as well as the outside.

Jim when I first got involved in making furniture, i started to looking at all kinds of magazines on the subject. if you would grab yourself a pad and pencil after acquainting you self with the establishments that are a possibility. You will be surprised at what you can come up with on your own. Jim, just give it a try.

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Apprentice Visitor
gwfewster

U-Bild plan # 850 has a nice cabinet which i have built

holds 7 guns

it's a cabinet not a rack

Contributor
jbscruises

It has to be a rack not a cabinet, thanks I want a cabinet for myself. Thanks to all, I got some good ideas from ya'll.  Jim

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.