Apprentice Member
Walt Slocombe
Accepted Solution

Flat screen TV lowboy cabinet plans?

I need help finding plans for a basic lowboy TV cabinet to set a flat screen tv on. Dimensions of about 60" wide, 30" high and 20-30" deep.  This will be my son's first project and he doesn't have many power tools. Thanks for your help.

Advisor
wadriscoll1

Re: Flat screen TV lowboy cabinet plans?

[ Edited ]

Walt - Have a look at THIS PLAN it's 62 1/2" wide by 22 1/2" deep and 22 3/4" high, it gives you a source for purchasing the legs if you want to. - Willy

Veteran Advisor
ericjoseph2001

When you say he doesn't have many power tools, what are you limited to?  

Apprentice Member
Walt Slocombe

All he has is a circular saw and a cordless drill.  I'm thinking about doing the sides, doors, etc. at my shop and then ship them to him for assembly and finish.

Veteran Advisor
ericjoseph2001

That'd work, I built a lot of stuff prior to having my table saw with a circ saw.  A good blade and an accurate guide can take you a long way.  My last project required the circ saw and I found after setting up my guide which was no more than a cheap aluminum guide and two clamps, if I put tape over the cut line, there was virtuously zero tear out on big box plywood, pretty good results, and it gives you confidence and practice using the saw when you will no doubt need it at some point in a project that just won't work on a table saw.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.