Apprentice Contributor
jsweka

Corner gun cabinet plans

Hi all,

Just registered and have a question....

Where can I find plans for a corner gun cabinent with carousel.  Looking for one to hold 10 - 14 guns with scopes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Frequent Contributor
deputydawg42

Re: Corner gun cabinet plans

John, Try the Wood store section of this web site you might find one that interest you.

Professionally trained by the school of hard knocks.
Advisor
wadriscoll1

[ Edited ]

John - I think the one the previous poster referred does not meet your expectations, it's not a corner cabinet nor does it have a turn table. Did find a picture of what you were looking for but no plans yet to date

http://www.amishdiningroom.com/product.aspx?intprodid=1500

Here's the one from the WOOD Store and they also have one on a wall mounted rack that's rather neat.

http://www.woodstore.net/codiandgunca.html

Will keep looking and see if there's any plans similar to the Amish one around.

Willy

Forum Host

My specialty is searching for plans

Apprentice Contributor
jsweka

Willy,

Thanks for looking.  I came across the Amish gun cabinet and really liked it, but like you said - no plans.

Something similar would be great!

Thanks,

John

Advisor
wadriscoll1

John - did you find this one

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/8051

You can post him a message in the upper left hand corner, he probably still has his original drawings - Good Luck and welcome aboard

Willy

Honored Advisor
Warped and Twisted

[ Edited ]

If you can't find any plans it shouldn't be to difficult to come up with some of your own. Break it into too parts, a corner cabinet (lots of plans available for that) and the carousel. Start making a template of the gun butt and arrange them in a pattern then draw a circle around that. I know this is very basic suggestions but you got to start some where. Think of it as an over sized lazy Susan kitchen cabinet. Once you start brain storming all kinds of idea will pop up and it can be fun.

Just one idea on supporting the carousel can be barrowed for the tool carouse the was in ShopNotes # 35.

pg_0022.jpg

Alaskans for Global Warming

Find more about Weather in Eagle River, AK
Click for weather forecast

"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot.. it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better"
Apprentice Contributor
jsweka

Willy - Thanks for the link.  That sure is a nice one!

Richard - Thanks for the suggestions.  My dad is actually the woodworker, I'm just the one with the computer and the one with the gun cabinet request.  Dad's pretty good, having built all all the furniture in my house and my sister's - we're his best customers, but he doesn't make much of a profit on our orders :-).  For some reason he always likes to start with someone's blueprints on a project, but then he always modifies them to suit his own vision on how it should be done.  I'll pass along your suggestions.

Thanks Guys!

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.