Veteran Contributor
olbuck

Camphor

Yeaw it's me again Margaret!  Been away fer sum time but got this new lap top soo's I kin set in my reclinder and talk till that fellow what ives behind my chair puts me ta sleep. I have some Camphor bout a dozen years under my shelter never been sawed. I'll use the bansaw to slice it up. MY QUESTION or IS there any little buggers living in the dust that will sent me to the mergency room or under-taker? Yall have a gooden and come bac ya heaw

Senior Advisor
Jon439

Re: Camphor

Hey HOWDY, and Welcome back BUCKaroo!

I still enjoy your books.

Sorry, I have no experience with Camphor wood, but I do know it was used in Ancient Egypt for building small furniture, boxes, etc. I saw the "Treasures of King Tut" at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and bought the exhibit book. I just checked, and sho' 'nuff, Camphor wood is mentioned.

Good to see you are still on the top side of the sod.

Jon-439

Do nudists play strip poker?
Honored Advisor
Warped and Twisted

[ Edited ]

Google is your friend.

http://www.woodmagazine.com/materials-guide/lumber/wood-species-1/camphorwood/

http://www.woodworkerssource.com/online_show_wood.php?wood=Cinnamomum%20iners

Alaskans for Global Warming

Find more about Weather in Eagle River, AK
Click for weather forecast

"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot.. it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better"
Veteran Contributor
olbuck

Hey W&T been awhile, thanks C'ya

Senior Contributor
habitatsupplie1

Don't know about Camphor Wood, but I do know it is good to hear from you again! Been missing you!

Old Woodie
Honored Advisor
Warped and Twisted

http://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/wood-allergies-and-toxicity/

Alaskans for Global Warming

Find more about Weather in Eagle River, AK
Click for weather forecast

"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot.. it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better"
Senior Contributor
Dan Gallo

welcome back Buck, Its been too long!

Dan in So.Ca.
Senior Advisor
Woodburner

Buck it is about durn time you were getten back on board these forums. I too loved your books.

Stay awake now and stay on board, PLEASE ! LOL

LEO
Forums Host
Senior Contributor
woodenbird

Good to see you are back, Buck! I have lost the names of your books and would like to purchase. Please send a link.

Glenn in Regina,SK
Veteran Contributor
olbuck

Thanks ol'buddy. Seems like I done got a project for a 12 place setting silverware chest. Good grief, Looks like I'd learn to read to myself after all these years.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.