Contributor
jerylewalter

Building a saddle stand need plans

Need to build a free standing saddle stand and need some plans.  Any ideas out there?  Thanks

Senior Contributor
Ron P.

Re: Building a saddle stand need plans

I have built two different styles, without plans, over the years.  I can take pictures and measure one of them if you like.  The ones we are using now, the ends, plywood, are angled about 45 degrees for the sides, think of a 45 degree triangle.  You can attach sides made of slats or plywood cut to the length of the saddle and 8 to 10 inches wide, to the ends.  Attached to the ends, screwed, are 2 x 4's for uprights and for the feet attached at a 90 degree.  The uprights are cut to the height you want the saddle rack to be.  I attached a stringer to the bottom of the uprights for stability.  You can make these for different sized saddles.  Some I attached hooks on the front to hang bridles and/or halters.  They are not hard to make and if they are setting in a tack room, they don't have to be fancy, just functional.  Or, they can be made of nice stock and be pretty.  Let me know if you want more precise measurements and a picture or two.

Contributor
jerylewalter

Thanks for your help. If it is not to much trouble please send me what you have.  Thanks again.

Contributor
jerylewalter

Thanks

If it is not alot of trouble I would appreciate the plans.

Honored Advisor
mathisonr1

Here is a link to a plan and a pictoral how to.

http://www.woodworkingcorner.com/saddlerack.php

Rick Mathison
General Forums Host
"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."
Contributor
jerylewalter

Excellant and thanks

Esteemed Advisor
hankm

Take inspiration from these, buckaroo:

http://www.google.com/search?q=saddle+stand&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=6YG&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:smileysurprised:ffici...

Don't ask advice on federal firearms law from people on the internet unless you like jail food.

- Beachside Hank, WOOD Online Video Host

Esteemed Advisor
john880

Hankm,

where do you find the time to put all of these collages together for all of these folks that ask for your help ????  :smileywink:

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Esteemed Advisor
hankm

john880 wrote:

Hankm,

where do you find the time to put all of these collages together for all of these folks that ask for your help ????  :smileywink:

That's an easy one John, just Google the subject and then click "Images":

Clipboard01.jpg

Don't ask advice on federal firearms law from people on the internet unless you like jail food.

- Beachside Hank, WOOD Online Video Host

Esteemed Advisor
john880

[ Edited ]

Well shucks there pilgrim,,,I am'ah,,,,, well we all, are much ah'blogized. As my other hero, J.W. would have said.

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.