Visitor
arizgunrunr

Blade Holder for Makita Sharpener 9820-2

Hi - this is my first post, so hope I don't mess it up too badly.  MY problem is that I have a Makita sharpener, (to use to sharpen the jointer and planer knives), but I can't locate the blade holder that is normally used with it.

Makita lists the holder as their part number 123061-4A, but apparently it is no longer available.  I have checked repeatedly on the internet, but can't locate one for sale.   I wonder if any one has one they could photograph for me, so that I might be able to make one for myself??  I have never seen one, so some pictures would sure help me to rig up something!!    Thanks    Walt

Senior Advisor
Woodburner

Re: Blade Holder for Makita Sharpener 9820-2

Hello Walt and welcome to the best WOOD forums on the web.

I found this on google 

Free Shipping! Buy Makita Blade Holder 123061-4A at a discount price from ToolOrbit.com. Order online or call 888-722-8299.

Hope this helps a fellow Phoenix area  fella.

LEO
Forums Host
Esteemed Advisor
p_toad

Walt,

You sure started out with a goodie...and by that I mean...sheesh...  No, it appears that part is not available from anyone, including on eBay and various replacement part stores.  Unfortunately I don't have one of these to give you a picture or measured set of drawings.  Have you tried calling Makita directly?  There are a lot of pictures of it on the internet but i didn't see any with it apart which would give you an idea of what the parts look like (although the parts are all listed separately i believe)...

Sorry I can't help you...  Maybe when folks get back out here someone else will have one of these and give you the measurements.

Visitor
arizgunrunr

Thanks Leo, but I got the standard reply when I checked there--- "this item is currently unavailable"'   I appreaciate your effort!

Walt 

Visitor
arizgunrunr

Thanks for your effort  --  I'll keep looking!  Don't really need dimensions, but would like to see the details of how it is made, adjustments, etc.     

Walt

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.