Apprentice Member
lljeanfreau

Carver Tripp Stain

I need some Carver Tripp American Walnut stain.  Any out there to be had?  All help appreciated.

Lou

Esteemed Advisor
p_toad

Re: Carver Tripp Stain

I did a quick search and from what i read elsewhere it appears that company is no longer making stains (although still in business).  Someone suggested taking the stain (if you have any left) and taking it to Lowes (the person writing claimed that they "match" stains...)...   I have no experience in this and don't know for sure that Lowes offers this, but if you are near one; it couldn't hurt to try.    

The odds are very, very slim of finding someone with that particular stain in the same batch number as yours. 

Apprentice Visitor
dpfolmer

I used Carver stain on a table. Problem is now when I wipe the table with a damp cloth, stain wipes off on my cloth. Suggestions? This is my first time staining.
Esteemed Advisor
fredhargis

I'm completely unfamiliar with Carver Tripp stains (though I have heard of them), but I have to ask: shouldn't that stain have been topcoated with something to prevent that?

"I long for the days when Coke was a cola, and a joint was a bad place to be" Merle Haggard

© Copyright 2009, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.